Obtain Andorran residence, whether it is active residence or passiva, grants a series of rights, including family reunification and / or the registration of the current vehicle in Andorra if it is less than 4 years old.
In addition, you can request validation of your driving license from your country of origin to obtain an Andorran driving license. You can also buy a property in the country, have a bank account and of course, live and enjoy all the economic rights of Andorran citizens.
One of the most interesting benefits is that you can also enjoy the Andorran tax system, which is characterized by its low impact on the net income of citizens.
Necessary requirements to obtain an active residency permit in Andorra
The active residency is focused on business people and entrepreneurs who start a business in Andorra. They will work more as CEO and administrators of the company created in Andorran territory.
But for this, all the following requirements must be met:
- Present a certificate of criminal record without financial crimes or money laundering (essential and applicable in all cases).
- Also if you own more than 20% of the shares of a company created in Andorra or which you have acquired in Andorra or which is newly created.
- Or if you are linked to the administration of an Andorran company and work actively.
- You must be registered with the Andorran Social Security Fund, CASS.
- Live a minimum of 183 days each year in Andorra.
- Make a deposit of EUR 15,000 as a deposit in the AFA, which is the regulatory element and the country’s financial authority.
- In addition to all these requirements, documentation must be submitted to the Andorran Administration.
- You must present sufficient evidence of your residency, through the rental agreement of a property or if, on the other hand, you already own a property in Andorra.
- This property must be your usual residence.
- Also, the Immigration Department of the Government of Andorra submits all those who apply for active residency to undergo a medical examination.
- All these requirements are necessary and must be complied with in order to obtain a residence permit card in Andorra.
What documents do you need to apply for active residence in Andorra:
- Copy of your Passport: This must be valid. You must present your passport physically or through a certified copy in your home country.
- Criminal record certificate: Submit the criminal record certificate from your current country of residence. But if you were born in a country other than your current country of residence, you will also need a criminal record certificate from your country of birth.
All foreign documents provided must be legalized and with a Hague apostille.